Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Voice In The Darkness


God,
Do you hear me
When I cry out in the night?
Will you wipe away the tears
And lead me out into the light?
Yes child,
I hear you,
Even words you never say,
And when the final trumpet blows
Night will be as bright as day.

Tell me God,
Do you see
All the misery and strife?
Do you see this dark abyss
Where I seem to spend my life?
Yes my child,
I see you
As you sink in earthly sand,
But in weakness I am strong
If you’ll only hold my hand.

Oh God,
Do you speak
When there’s silence all around,
And only lonely echoes
Of a love that can’t be found?
Oh yes child,
I speak,
To many hearts I call:
And you are never all alone,’
For I’ve the greatest love of all.

Lord,
Do you taste
The salty tang of endless tears?
Do you know the bitter rage
And the pain of empty years?
Oh yes my child,
I’ve tasted,
Tears for those who lost the way:
For all who do not heed the call,
And for the garden gone astray.

Dear God,
Do you feel
All the helplessness and fear?
Do you know of all the heartache,
Of the loss of those held dear?
Yes my child,
I’ve felt
All the angry grief of loss,
For I had to turn away
While my son died on a cross.

Father,
Do you know
Of the darkness deep inside:
Of the narrow path I walk,
Endless pits on either side?
My dearest child,
I do know,
I allowed for them to be.
To keep you on the path
That will always lead to me.

And so my child,
Do you now see?
I love you most of all:
For I sacrificed my only son
To hear you when you call.
That in the dark
When all seems lost,
And you call out to the night,
With saving grace a voice will come
Turning darkness into light.

No comments: