Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Dark Knight

“…Yet acquiescently I did turn as he pointed,
neither pride nor hope rekindling at the end described,
so much as gladness that some end might be.”
Childe Roland To The Dark Tower Came
Robert Browning



I am Roland,
traveling toward a dark end,
knowing I will fail before I die.
My life spent searching for an end to this quest,
once ridden with hope and arrogance,
and honorable battle to find the answer
now ridding for an end to the search.
My question has no answer
and those who traveled before me
found only the ending failure,
or abandoned the quest for an honorless life.
But I am Roland!
My end has already been woven.
I will not quit!
I will ride on, without hope or illusion,
But with gallant honor,
ride boldly into the face of death.

“Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came.”

No comments: