Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lost in the Swamp

I rocked the boat
I caused the crash
I am responsible
For the shattered remains.

I knew the risk
But in seeking my hope
I lost something more precious
Than the jewel that I sought.

Only now in the darkness
Do I see the true loss
Of a treasure more valuable
Than delusion or dream.

Dear God up in heaven
Please bind up the broken
Repair what was damaged
Restore what was lost.

I followed my own path
Chasing will-o-wisp promises,
And now find myself
All alone in the night.

The blame is all mine,
Still I beg for Your Mercy
And pray for Your Grace
To heal and restore.

I repent the self-seeking
And ask for forgiveness,
For You are my only hope
Of receiving true love.

03/17/09

Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, It is not proud, It is not rude, It is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. Corinthians 13 : 4 - 8

2 comments:

Curly said...

I really like this one!

1 John 4:17-18 This is how love is made perfect in us: that we can be without fear on the day God judges us, because in this world we are like him. 18 Where God's love is, there is no fear, because God's perfect love drives out fear. It is punishment that makes a person fear, so love is not made perfect in the person who fears.

Rebecca at the Well said...

Thanks,

So are you quoting this to say you think I am afraid? or feel guilty? or am I missing the point :)

thanks
B