Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Dark Road

Standing on the edge of town
Pausing underneath the last glow of light
Looking down the road
That fades into impenetrable darkness.

The choice has always been mine to make
To stay within the light or travel forth
Into the dark forest with only my faith
And a dim small light to show each single step.

I am so tired and the distance so far
Yet I cannot wait for help to come
And the comfort of the streetlight
Is merely an illusion that brings no warmth.

But the choice has always been mine to make.
As I look at the crumbling road before me
That disappears into the night
Winding through an unknown wood.

To many, their roads are full of light
And hearty companions share the way
But I must not yearn for what is not mine
And accept the path that was meant for me.

I know not where the road will take me
Or how the journey will finely end.
But this is the road I have been given
And the choice is mine to go or stay

As I leave the circle of the light I know
To step into the endless night.
For greater than my fear in the lonely dark road
Is my trust in God to lead me true.

Rebecca 06/23/07

No comments: