Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Choices

I come into your presence here
With shattered heart and soul
At the end of all I am
Longing to be whole.

All the wisdom of this world
Leads to an empty grave
You alone my only hope
You alone can save.

So Father, now I come to You
Forgive my doubts and fears
Forgive the sins I’ve held so long
Forgive my wayward years.

Save me from the emptiness
Lift me from this strife
Fill me with your presence
Holy Spirit, Take my life.

Breathe your breath of life in me
Make me something new,
Change my heart and fill me with
Desire for only You.

God of Glory, Hope, and Joy
Mercy , Peace, and Love
Take my life and make it Yours
Fill me from above.

Rebecca Franklin07/27/10

1 comment:

rocksteadyredhead said...

Bec, this is your best work yet. I'm deeply touched by it's simplicity, honesty, and humility.