Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Leap

Jesus, how can I express
This love within my heart;
A grateful, overwhelming flood
That pierces like a dart.

Your Grace a gift I have not earned
Your Mercy, I've no right,
And yet You sacrificed Your life
To Bring me to the light.

I do not love because I'm good,
But because You showed me how.
You gave Your life upon the cross
To save me then and now.

How great a love, a King should die
To set His people free.
You took our sins upon Yourself
And paid death's final fee.

Breath of God who lives within
And shows my soul the way,
Lead me to the heart of God
And help me to obey.

Oh Father God, who reigns above
And sent Your son to die;
Make me a servant of Your hands
So I will lift You high.

With joy I raise up holy hands
To call you Sovereign Lord.
For when I took my leap of faith
I did not fall, but soared.

Rebecca
03/09/08

2 comments:

Curly said...

I love this one!

Rebecca at the Well said...

Thanks lady. I wrote this one fairly soon after arriving in London which for me was what prompted the poem about a leap into the unknown while still knowing ultimatly where I was leaping - into my Father's hands.